“impactful”

Al Michaels just said it during the Super Bowl pre-game. I guess it’s here to stay.

Comments

1. Quin Finnegan says:

As in, “Shitty play-calling for a pass on 2nd down and goal to go was impactful on the outcome of the game.”

• Sportstalk callers want Bevell’s head. Talk about going from the mountaintop to the valley in five seconds. I guess they needed to pass in order to have three plays with only one timeout. But, why such a high-risk pass! It would be one thing if it was fourth down. They had only one thing they absolutely could not do on that down and that was throw an interception. Brutal.

• Broderick Barker says:

I don’t get it. All season, everybody’s been a-quiver with delight over the Seahawks’ unconventional play calling. Now it backfires and everybody wishes Seattle was all about standard smashmouth football? Live by the gimmick, die by the gimmick. They hoped to catch NE totally off guard, and they failed. Not to say it wasn’t heartbreaking, but still. Or am I missing something here?

• (You know where this was headed even before you said anything, didn’t you?)

What the Seahawks failed to take into consideration was that their last two trips to the Big Game [which for advertising purposes we cannot mention] taught them to expect the unexpected….

The question is – does Wilson or Lockette deserve to be in the Norwood Hall of Infamy?

They say the pass was off – but could not Lockette have anticipated better?

2. Quin Finnegan says:

“A royal cock-up”, as a Brit would say.

3. He’s a regular Emily Dickinson.

• Quin Finnegan says:

I apologize. My emotions got the better of me. For reasons I don’t entirely understand, I speak with a British accent in stressful situations. It’s a James Bond thing, maybe.

4. Reminds me of the best of Cosell.

5. You really needed David Tyree out there, though.

• Broderick Barker says:

Sweet Sister Mary Francis, I can’t believe it took you this long to drop that name, even though THE DANG PLAY GOT SHOWN EARLIER IN THE GAME.

6. Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says: