Casting the Wes Anderson Love in the Ruins, cont.

sdqtpics106That’s Rod McKuen on the left, and that’s Luke Wilson on the right. A bold choice for Dr. Tom More? Sure. But sometimes, you gotta ignore the naysayers and press on.

Comments

1. Big Jon Bully says:

Is this a real project?

2. Big Jon Bully says:

I already committed Wilson to a Rockford Files movie, but we can do a workaround. Bring Anderson by some night.

3. For half a second, I thought the guy on the left was Scott Hahn, which created a great deal of cognitive dissonance.

4. Quin Finnegan says:

That Rod McKuen is a handsome fellow. Maybe we should go for Michael Fassbender or Christian Bale?

5. Quin Finnegan says:

I take your point. Tom More is not Moses, though perhaps he would like to be.

What about that guy from Arrested Development and a not-so-great movie with Jennifer Ann is ton? He’s got the wreck thing down pretty well.

6. Quin Finnegan says:

Jason Bateman.

7. Quin Finnegan says:

Maybe not:”I’ve been offered a couple of leads in some movies that really suck. I mean, you know, if they’re offering me the lead, the script ain’t that great. The stuff that’s good, I’m a little further down the cast list.”

8. Quin Finnegan says:

On the other hand: “[on his past drinking] As disciplined as I am. I’m also a huge hedonist. If my fun level is like a 6 when I’m out, why not take it to a 10? That’s how I was with drinking. If I’m buzzed, let’s get drunk. And if I’m drunk, let’s black out. I mean, why not? I didn’t understand why you’d stop.”

9. Matthew Lickona says:

Look, Quin, if your heart is really set on someone else, I’ll consider Kenneth Branagh. Check The Gingerbread Man for his Southern bona fides.

10. Rufus McCain says:

Rod McKuen is thrown in just because of the mention in the book, right? I’m confused about why the next post is #3.

• Broderick Barker says:

#1 was Bill Murray as Art Immelmann
      #2 is this one.
      The girl says that More looks just like Rod McKuen, so I’m using that as a visual guide. Wilson is the best Anderson regular; Branagh might be the best overall.