Check out the animated show Bat out of Hell on YouTube!

Mr. JOB is writing a novel (too)

Channeling Chaucer, O’Connor and Pushkin, I still haven’t found the ending, but here’s the beginning of the beginning…

Comments

1. This.

2. Jonathan Potter says

I’m observing NaNoProcrastoMo.

3. Jonathan Webb says

Thanks JOB, I’ll read it when I have more time.

You’re a great writer and a great person.

4. Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says

Verse novels (tend to) make the world a better place.

Good luck with this one. You may not have found the ending, but I have a strong sense that there will (probably) be blood.

5. Cubeland Mystic says

Welcome to the club.

Here is the first lines of my novel.

“Normally these things don’t happen to me, but I was sitting in the bar having a drink when two totally hot redheads walked in and sat on either side of me. I wouldn’t have thought anything of it except I was the only dude in the place. I had no idea that I was about to have a night I would never forget.”

It sort of goes on from there into all kinds of detailed adventures. There is a happy ending too.

• Howtofore doth one gain access to the rest?

• Matthew Lickona says

Your local tobacconist might have a copy in the back.

• What’s the password?

• Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says

If your local tobacconist is anything like mine, I wouldn’t trust him. A few anecdotes:

1) I needed an inexpensive and compact Bible, and someone told me that the tobacconist sold ‘cheap’ ‘little’ ones, imported from Tijuana. I bought one, but upon returning home was shocked to discover that it resembled no Bible I had seen before (except perhaps R. Crumb’s Book of Genesis). I assume these must be Protestant editions. Caveat emptor.

2) A friend of mine recently told me to go to the tobacconist (specifically) to buy some ‘French letters’. But both my friend and I are French-illiterate. When I pointed out to her the absurdity of buying letters (‘letters’? not even pamphlets or booklets?) in a language neither of us could read, she pinched my cheek, winked, and said we should study together. I have no idea what she meant, but I am certain on a gut level that it reflects badly on tobacconists.

3) Wednesday, an acquaintance (not a friend) went in to buy his weekly supply of ‘zigzag papers’ (?), and said that the tobacconist tried to push an ‘advance copy’ (the tobacconist’s words) of ‘Augustine’s Member’ on him — which makes my local tobacconist either a liar, or a liar AND an intellectual-property pirate.

Figured y’all should know. Just because the plural of anecdote isn’t data, doesn’t mean forewarned isn’t forearmed.