Check out the animated show Bat out of Hell on YouTube!

See you and raise, Webb.

“How four women (and one man) conspired to make two babies — a son and a daughter of the same age from the same egg donor but two different surrogates.”

Comments

1. cubeland mystic says

My favorite line . . .

"Having children was one of life’s great acts of self-definition."

Spoken like all the other oven-stuffing tyrants who ever lived.

2. cubeland mystic says

One other thing that strikes me is that they had a nanny on top of all that. What a pack of vampires. I suspect that they will be hearing from Fie at some point in the future.

Actually this is the parasite model of progeneration. Like a bird laying their egg in another bird's nest.

I wonder what Picasso would say?

3. Jonathan Webb says

Kudos to you both, condolences to us all.

I fold.

4. Rufus McCain says

My favorite was, "I've never read the Inferno, but…"

5. Southern Expat says

Notice how the man functions primarily as an amusing parenthetical throughout the story.

Oh, we almost left him out of the headline!

Gosh, what if he has a crush on the donor!

Wow, isn't it great that he's so supportive!

The author also goes to great lengths to tell us every possible way in which people offended her, even those who were clearly attempting to put a positive spin on the whole situation.

6. Cubeland Mystic says

If I were the dude, for that much money and that many women there better be something "parenthetical" in it for me.

7. Jonathan Webb says

He's the picture of pure emasculation. The anti-matter male, Bizarro Superman

8. Cubeland Mystic says

The anti-matter male. LOL.

9. I know I'm late to the party on this one – but now that I've had a chance to digest…

This has got to be the coldest statement in the piece – and I can see there are quite a few:

"When Michael’s parents adopted his sister in the 1970s, there was an abundance of babies in the United States in need of homes, but the widespread use of birth control and abortion, among other factors, has caused the supply of infants available for adoption in the subsequent three decades to plummet to a fraction of what it was then."

Let's redo it this way:

When Michael’s parents pumped gas in the 1970s, there was an abundance of crude oil in the United States in need of processing, but the widespread use of ethanol and hybrid cars, among other factors, has caused the supply of crude oil available for consumption in the subsequent three decades to plummet to a fraction of what it was then.

or better:

When Michael’s parents bought vacuum cleaners in the 1970s, there was an abundance of major appliance brands in the United States in need of cleaning homes, but the widespread use of WalMart and Internet shopping, among other factors, has caused the supply of vacuum cleaner brands available for purchase in the subsequent three decades to plummet to a fraction of what it was then.

Shop as usual.