Rome.

The Wife: Hey! I’m not pregnant! Or nursing! For the first time since three months after we married!

Me: I’ll start looking for tickets.

We leave early early Thursday. I’ll try to post if I can.

Comments

1. notrelatedtoted says

NICE!

Who’s watching the kids? How long are you going for? Need details, man. My 10th is coming up, and you are blazing the trail. Don’t let me down….

2. mrsdarwin says

Have fun gallivanting around the globe. Those of us who don’t meet the traveling criteria will just have to live vicariously through your Roman holiday.

Thank you, Mrs. D.
    Not-Ted: the kids are in the care of a coalition of the willing, spearheaded by my parents. We’ll be on the ground seven days, though we’ll probably spend the first one sleeping…

4. That is so cool.

As Mrs.D said, it will be fun to enjoy the vicarious thrills…

(Hey, wait, my “baby” was weaned about 12 years ago…maybe it’s time to drop a few hints at home. 🙂 )

5. j. christian says

I’m jealous. Are you staying entirely in Rome, or is anyplace else on the itinerary?

Have a wonderful trip!

6. The Parthenon was closed for repairs when I was in Rome. I hope you get to see it.

7. #6 ETA: Jan 2009.

8. Anonymous says

Ernesto:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who says “Parthenon” when he means “Pantheon”! 🙂

9. Ernesto:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who says “Parthenon” when he means “Pantheon”! 🙂

10. Nice. Safe travels. Soak in the beauty of St Peters at night. It is breathtaking.

11. Cubeland Mystic says

A bit of advice. When you are in Rome do not do as the Romans do.

Try not to eat the food either. Take a suitcase of American food. If you eat the food, once you return you will realize that you have been eating sewage for the last 30+ years. That’s what ruined me. I spent about 3 weeks in Marche on a farm.

On a man-to-man note, even Mrs. L, will notice the remarkable breathtakingly stunning beauty of the Italian Women. Let’s hope she will have compassion for your poor weak-ass male tendencies. Be aware that there’s a point past which lust can become objective amazement. I found that out on my visit.

Most importantly as you guys fantasize about how you can afford moving and living the ex-patriot lifestyle working for the Vatican, remember that Italy would be a great country, but for the fact that is is populated by the Italian people. Most Italians agree with this statement. That’s the beauty and tragedy of the Italian people. It’s like herding freaking cats.

Please blog while on vacation if you can. Have a great time.

Thank you, all. We might get a day trip out of the deal, or we might just stay in Rome. I hear there are some churches worth seeing. And some decent restaurants.

13. Yeah!!

A little Roman Holiday. See it all and tell us about it.

The hubby and I even had the accomodations booked two years ago—then, the three year old needed tubes. Thanks a lot, little man. No Vaticano, no gelato.

14. I have to say…

If I were your spouse and you found time to blog on our getaway?

Yikes. What’s Italian for doghouse?

15. Freder1ck says

Matthew and Ernie review Dan in Real Life. Have a great trip, Lickonas!