Edumacation

If cereal companies put famous speeches, plus a little of the context surrounding them, on the back of cereal boxes, we’d have kids murmuring snippets of Shakespeare and Lincoln inside of a week.

Comments

1. It’s spelled “ejumication.” Where did YOU go to skool?

2. Awesome idea.

I’m thinking of placing some material on a big posterboard opposite the loo, since DS #1 seems to take his sweet time in there during certain bodily functions…..

(thank goodness for homeschooling!)

Nutmeg,
    Which brings me to my Great Contribution to Advertising. Shifting-screen in front of the urinal.
    Just imagine the effect in bars: “Next round, why not try a Ketel One martini?” You’ve got the man’s undivided attention…

4. Notrelatedtoted says

Don’t they already have those in bars? I seem to recall a newspaper-device that would rotate the the pages. Unfortunately, I don’t spend enough time there to read an entire article about the Royals’ most recent loss from three days ago…

The cereal box thing is a great idea, though. My kids stare at the cereal box in the morning like its their job.

5. Rufus McCain says

How about the catechism? Baltimore, of course.

6. Cubeland Mystic says

Good use of media. Lincoln and Captain Crunch. Hey wasn’t Captain Crunch the hero of the Battle of Mobile Bay? I have a short story where the main character’s company places marketing and motivational posters above the urinals at his work. It is one of the many thousands of pricks, that human flesh is err to, which my characters suffers before he sinks into despair. That will do it to a man too. You go to work to earn your bread, and if it isn’t enough that you got pitch fork aimed at your nether region for the rest of your life, you have to read a motivational message from “the man” while making winkie.

CM,
    You need to write for Despair.com. That is fantastic.

8. Cubeland Mystic says

I would consider despair.com, but I cannot leave my character standing there in the men’s room with only his in his hand.

There is hope. The mystic always gives his readers hope.

Edufication.