‘… On the Wings of the Wind …’

From the Armadio degli Argenti of Blessed John of Fiesole, OP (Fra Angelico), c. 1450

… he came, cherub-mounted, borne up on the wings of the wind….

Pslam 18:11

Comments

1. Benedictine spirituality says:

No man knows the day or the hour, but I’m pretty sure that a Dominican saying “Just go with it” with regard to matters Scriptural is one of the signs and portents that Our Lord spoke of with regard to the Apocalypse.

• Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says:

Sed contra, the Apostle says, ‘Everything in the scripture has been divinely inspired’ — that is, inspired by God; and further, ‘Abraham put his faith in God, and it was reckoned virtue in him.’

Respondeo: One cannot learn from that which has not first become an object of the intellect. Faithful docility ‘with regard to matters Scriptural’ is the first step toward contemplation of Divine truth for Dominicans. It might as well be the first and the last step for the rest of you.

2. Louise Orrock says:

Is today May 10th?

I thought this a hilarious comment without reading anything you’d written, but then see at the top you’ve said no man knows the day or hour.

3. Louise Orrock says:

These look like village or near the village people. Does that mean they’re the contributors or someone has them in mind. Were my teeth broken because they thought I was taking the piss, and did someone have that in mind?

4. Louise Orrock says:

I only found the website because I was sent the link to my then work email- a different email.

5. Louise Orrock says:

I didn’t think this until I had encountered them via the dentist. My life has been hold – not that it is not to a certain extent in the last thrir of it – because of the most barbarous dental treatment imaginable. When I went back to tell him he was evil, the police were called. I had been asked to leave but he had offered no solution. Basically I had had chipped or unfilled teeth after fillings had fallen out after two decades at Park Avenue North in Willesden, London, particularly after Neil Myers had filled the two front ones. However, one in Kingsury, Kave Turmeh Baf Shirazi, then finally filled two other front ones that had chipped as a result of a domino effect and in less than a month, while on holiday in the US intending to find work, both visible teeth were missing in their entirety. The most destructive thing that happened to me, and I’d survived a barbarous hysterectomy. Other neglected ones I’ve lost since, one on a ball bearing type thing found in re-heated barley (ie, I don’t know if it was in the packet or added). Likewise I found a piece of flint in some opened apricot jam but saw that in time.

6. Louise Orrock says:

By the time I went to the Kingsbury dentist I had been moaning about my teeth for three years, however.

7. Louise Orrock says:

Meanwhile two very attractive suburban girls in pony tails ran by.

8. Louise Orrock says:

One neighbour called through the letterbox ‘missing teeth’, but really apart from a couple of the young people they’re a pretty dreary bunch themselves. The last dentist said he would only fill a tooth – now half missing although I have patched it with online amalgam, the second time purchased in Kave’s favoured shade of brown – if I had the stumps removed first, but they’re hardly visible and I was afraid of my face caving in and receding further because of receding gums and blood loss.

9. Louise Orrock says:

I had one colleague who became slightly hysterical at the idea I might be able to work in the US – I’m a dual national – so I don’t know if there’s an element of that since I had discussed my hopes with the dentist. I had noticed a book called ‘Imperial Hubris’ on a bookshelf at the dentist’s.

10. Louise Orrock says:

11. Louise Orrock says:

Or someone didn’t like my editing of the atrocious story – it improved later on – here. A stupid waste of time with strangers.