Seven of Seven

… or Up from the Comments.

Angelico is on board. Here’s how it went down.

My dear Mr. Nguyen,

I’ve talked it over with my Korrektiv brethren and sister(en?) and we’re all in agreement that you is one of us.

Can we make it official and add you to the Kollektiv, give you a spot on the blog, have Mitsui do you up an avatar?

Six is an evil number, we need you to make us seven so we can go to heaven.

What say you?

Potter

My dear Mr Potter,

Blessed be God.

My gratitude to you Six, and to the good Lord, for this unexpected honor is matched only by my sorrow at the decline in standards it evinces.

But churlish second-guessing and cowardly refusal are training for that despair which is blasphemy against the Spirit — and I’ll be damned if I train for that. If yall think the shoe fits, I shall wear it, and proudly.

Please convey my immense gratitude to anyone who put in a good word for me. Thank you yourself. The Korrektiv is a wonderful place, project, and group; thank you for starting it and keeping it going.

There must still be some details to work out, no? Please forward any contracts and other paperwork at earliest convenience; I can set up a blood test and fingerprinting session ASAP.

But to answer your question, however provisionally: yes I said yes I will yes yes yes

Yr sv’t,
Angelico

And so we welcome Angelico!

We thought he’d have the good sense to decline our offer, but he surprized us.

And so begins a new and brighter era for Korrektiv Press.

Stay tuned for magnificence.

FILED UNDER: ANGELIC GUEST POSTING

Comments

1. Okay, we’ll give up our #2 starter, and one of the young flamethrowers, but we’re not letting go of our blue chip prospects.

Welcome aboard. It’s nice to get some genuine piety around here.

• Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says:

Thanks, boss!

If you ever have something that needs to be done, like be an ashtray, or explicate a author’s work what don’t want to have his work explicated, you can count on me.

2. Matthew Lickona says:

Good grief, Potter; the ink isn’t even dry on the contract! We don’t even have an avatar yet!
    I’m trying to think which event must have rattled you more: Disney buying Lucasfilm, or Patheos nabbing Duffy.
    Expat, there’s still some room at the bottom of the tombstone…

3. Mel(not that Mel) says:

Yeah!!!!!!!

4. Apparently Angelico WILL be a member of a club that will have him.

I don’t know who’s to be more congratulated, Angelico or the Korrektiv, so drinks for everybody! Can’t wait to read the hijinx that ensue.

• Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says:

They were kind to a fault, and made a huge mistake by offering me the position. Now, the only way to repay their kindness is by taking the position and trying, somehow, to prevent their mistake from becoming apparent. A not inadhesive wicket.

Your anticipation of future entertainment, while heartbreaking, is a little bit inspiring, too. Ma’am, I shall try to live up to it.

Thank you!

5. Excellent. I wondered when the obvious would happen!

• Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says:

My name on a tombstone? I was wondering about that, too.

So this is what death-in-life feels like.

(Gorgeous iconic avatar, btw, IC!)

6. That Girl says:

This is exciting. I only hope Angelico’s avatar will soon look more like his real face.

7. The Duffer says:

Very exciting indeed!

8. Congratulations to Angelico, and to the Korrektiv.

A very encouraging development.

• Angelico Nguyen says:

It’s a development, all right.

Seriously: Thank you, Rachel. And while we’re talking about encouraging, please let me encourage you (no pressure!) to keep adding your astute comments to the Korrektiv conversation.

9. Does this mean the NO tshirts are collector’s items – kinda like the Eagles before Joe Walsh?