New Bob

Comments

1. Angelico Nguyen, Esq., OP says:

He has the voice of an angel!

2. Jonathan Webb says:

Absolutely the best video ever. I laughed out loud. Many thanks.

3. Jonathan Webb says:

So, he’s basically a stalker and a thief and an assailant who gets what he deserves. Bob just walks around him. Bob knows.

4. Jonathan Webb says:

He’s also a litter bug, did you see what he did with the cards?

5. Jonathan Potter says:

Reminded me of a Webb fable.

6. Jonathan Potter says:
  7. This seems to capture some of that vintage “fuck-with-you” Dylan:

The title track is a nearly 14-minute depiction of the Titanic disaster. Numerous folk and gospel songs gave accounts of the event, including the Carter Family’s “The Titanic,” which Dylan drew from. “I was just fooling with that one night,” he says. “I liked that melody – I liked it a lot. ‘Maybe I’m gonna appropriate this melody.’ But where would I go with it?” Elements of Dylan’s vision of the Titanic are familiar – historical figures, the inescapable finality. But it’s not all grounded in fact: The ship’s decks are places of madness (“Brother rose up against brother. They fought and slaughtered each other”), and even Leonardo DiCaprio appears. (“Yeah, Leo,” says Dylan. “I don’t think the song would be the same without him. Or the movie.”) “People are going to say, ‘Well, it’s not very truthful,’ ” says Dylan. “But a songwriter doesn’t care about what’s truthful. What he cares about is what should’ve happened, what could’ve happened. That’s its own kind of truth. It’s like people who read Shakespeare plays, but they never see a Shakespeare play. I think they just use his name.”

Dylan’s mention of Shakespeare raises a question. The playwright’s final work was called The Tempest, and some have already asked: Is Dylan’s Tempest intended as a last work by the now 71-year-old artist? Dylan is dismissive of the suggestion. “Shakespeare’s last play was called The Tempest. It wasn’t called just plain Tempest. The name of my record is just plain Tempest. It’s two different titles.”

[So take that, those of you who think the definite article has an indefinite value…]

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-on-his-dark-new-album-tempest-20120801#ixzz25cC1Sgrv