Check out the animated show Bat out of Hell on YouTube!

Why we’re experiencing the (cultural) death of WORDS – not just print…

(With apologies to Martin Niemoller (NOT Dietrich Bonhoeffer!)…)

FYI
IMHO:

(OMG!
WTF!)

First they came for the Gutenberg prototype, but I did not use moveable type so I did not speak out. Then they came for manual and Selectric(TM) typewriters, but I used neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the print newspapers, but I was not a print newspaper reader, so I did not speak out. And when they came for the Internet, there was no one left to speak out for me.

Comments

That's Niemuller, not Bonhoffer.

2. Anonymous says

Thanks. Keep posting.

3. Matthew,

I stand corrected.

And that's Niemoller (though I can't get the snake's eyes over the "O".), not Niemuller.

And someone needs to tell these guys:

4. Dorian Speed says

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is difficult to verify their authenticity.” (President Abraham Lincoln)

Also, would someone like to summarize the 139-page document to which you linked? It sounds ominous. I wonder if it's connected to those Foundation For A Better Life billboards.

5. Mrs. Speed,

Indeed. I am not often a victim of the drive-by authority of the Inet, but it sho stings when youse is.

You'll find a good summary of the document – and its potential pitfalls – here:

Best,

6. Dorian Speed says

You know, now I'm thinking it was moderately proactive for me 'n' Rufus 'n' The Wisconsin Poet 'n' Cubeland Mystic (who may or may not be another manifestation of The Lickona Entity) to establish those pen names ahead of the game. There is probably going to be a run on pseudonyms at some point.

Wait a second. You're not really named Dorian Speed? Aw, bummer. *I* named The Wisconsin Poet, by the by. And Cubeland Mystic definitely ain't me. I am not worthy. I'm just November. Which I should probably start using as an online name.

8. …and here I thought my mammy and my pappy named me.

Will wonders never cease?

WP

Well, they sure as shootin' didn't name you The Wisconsin Poet, any more than The Manhattan Lawyer's parents named him The Manhattan Lawyer, or the New Mexico Nurse's parents named him The New Mexico Nurse. Oh, sometimes I do miss the old blog…

10. Dorian Speed says

If I am not really named Dorian Speed, this is the second-most famousest pseudonym campaign by a woman in blogging history.