Check out the animated show Bat out of Hell on Kickstarter!

Archives for October 2007

The Great Pumpkin Monster

I have little doubt that about 95% of you have already seen this. But there is no reason why the remaining 5% should not have the opportunity to have their childhood memories brutalized and left for dead. Rough language and gore. And Peanuts characters.

Søren Says

Which is more difficult, to awaken one who sleeps or to awaken one who, awake, dreams that he is awake?
– Works of Love

What would you say to an Evangelical tempted to become Catholic or Orthodox?

http://korrektivpress.com/2007/10/1058/

Sigh.

Oh, Britney. Seducing a priest in the confessional? Madonna from 1989 called, she wants her schtick back. Actually, Madonna had a much better handle on sacrilege – girlfriend remembers her Catholic pieties:

Plus, while Madonna and Britney have both played the rosary-as-necklace card (and guess who did it first?), at least Madonna knew better than to drape the beads around the priest’s neck. Sheesh. Who’s styling that shoot?

Mark Steyn on The Full Metal Deer Apocalypse

“Back in 1996, Pat Buchanan, hot from his triumph over Bob Dole in the New Hampshire primary, warned the country-club Republicans that he was coming to get them “like a character out of Deliverance.” In the film, you’ll recall, a quartet of suburban guys spend a nightmare weekend in the backwoods, in the course of which one of their number winds up getting strapped to a tree and sodomized by a mountain man. (“Squeal, piggy!”)

At the time of Pat’s remark, I remember thinking: What a great country! In how many other political cultures can a fellow identify himself with a stump-toothed inbred psycho hillbilly homosexual rapist as an applause line?”

Because "that pig-mask chick from Saw IV" was just a little too labor-intensive…


…Bizarro selects “couple ignoring the population crisis” as one of the scariest costumes of 2007.
See you in the funny papers!

"Well, Son…


…it’s either what they call a Harvest Moon, or the result of all the smoke from the fires, or the first sign of the Apocalypse. What do you think?”

How You Found Korrektiv

Two years later, “Nuns and Naked Women” is still the post that brings ’em in. Thanks for visiting, 219.20.164-san of Somewhere, Japan. We hope you’re happy in your hunt for pornography on the job at Softbank BB Corp, and if they ask you about it, you can truthfully tell them you rather enjoyed Percy’s paeon to New Orleans.

“…he’s batting as a switch hitter now”!

http://korrektivpress.com/2007/10/1055/

From the Bird’s Nest Soundtrack: Precious Angel